Samsung J7 Prime is a mid-range smartphone introduced in the market in the Samsung J series of smartphones in 2016. The phone was launched with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow at that time. Samsung has already started rolling out the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy J7 Prime in major countries across the globe.
However, unfortunately, as of now Android 7.0 Nougat is still not available in Pakistan. Also, it is still not confirmed when it will be available over OTA updates or Smart Switch. It is expected that the latest update might hit J7 Prime phones in Pakistan in November end or in December 2017. For those who can’t wait there is one simple solution to update you J7 Prime to Android Nougat 7.0 through Odin. The good news is if you update you J7 Prime to Android Nougat 7.0 through Odin, the warranty will not void also it will not trigger the Samsung KNOX Counter. So go-ahead and get your hands-on Android Nougat 7.0 on your Samsung J7 Prime.
Proceed with this installation at your own risk as TechieReader is not responsible for any damage that may happen to your phone during the installation. However, we would be available to help you out in the best way possible by just commenting in the comments section below. The whole fact is that there is only ONE IN THOUSAND CHANCE that updating bricks your phone.
- Download the Firmware file from the Download section below.
- Download Odin 3.12.7 and unzip the file.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC as well if you haven’t installed it already. You can install Samsung Smart Switch as well.
- Backup your apps and data.
- Charge your phone to ensure 50% battery or more is left on your phone.
Download Nougat Firmware for Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F
United Arab Emirates (XSG): G610FDDU1BQHA_G610FOJV1BQHA_XSG.zip
United Arab Emirates (XSG) and Pakistan Region have the same CSC code, so it will not affect you phone region.
Installing Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F)
Make sure to follow all the instructions mentioned in the Prerequisites section and proceed with the steps mentioned below:
- Extract the downloaded firmware and Odin (.zip) files.
- Open the Odin folder and .exe file as administrator.
- Power off your Galaxy J7 and boot it into the Download mode: Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys together. Release the buttons when you see the warning screen and then press the Volume Up key to enter the Download mode.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB cable. When your device is connected successfully, the ID:COM port in Odin will turn blue and there will be “Added!!” message seen in Odin’s log field same as the screenshot below.
- Click the AP button in Odin, go to the firmware folder and then select the file with .tar.md5 extension found in the extracted zip.
- Click the Start button in Odin to proceed with the firmware installation. The installation process is known to take some time so you should not worry about that.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get “PASS!!” message on Odin and your Galaxy J7 Prime will reboot automatically.
After rebooting, the Galaxy J7 Prime will have the latest firmware update and you will have Android 7.0 Nougat on your smartphone.
If you follow all the steps mentioned above correctly then you will have the Android Nougat 7.0 installed on your phone flawlessly. However, if you are stuck at any of the steps then feel free to comment down below in the comments section.
Talking about the features, Android Nougat 7.0 update has some amazing features as well as It brings a new UX to the phone. Dual Messenger, cool camera filters, multi-window, split window and much more along with improvements in the notification and quick settings.