Despite its limited availability, Pokémon Go has turned into a craze that millions of people across the world are busy playing on their smartphones. The launch of the game led to Nintendo’s share rising by over 30%, with the total number of players playing the game on track to surpass the number of active daily Twitter users.
However, many people outside the United States have not been able to get on the Pokémon bandwagon simply because the game is not available in their region. Nintendo has no plans on when the game will be made available in the Android and iOS App Store of other regions as of now.
How to install Pokemon Go in Pakistan?
Pokémon Go for Android:
- Download the game on your device. Click on Download APK
- Once downloaded, go to your Downloads folder using file explorer.
- Tap on the downloaded file. (com.nianticlabs.pokemongo)
- For security reasons you might get a warning Install Blocked, go to settings and turn on the option for Unknown sources.
- Tap Ok, and then tap Install.
Note: Pokemon Go supports Android 4.4 KitKat and above. Users will have to disable their devices security settings to install a file not from Google Play. The link provided up is by trusted APKmirror but still, proceed at your own risk.
Pokémon Go for iPhone or another iOS device:
The steps below involves creating a new Apple ID with its region set to the United States. While you can download the game this way, you will have to sign back in to your old ID to get app updates for your already installed apps. Similarly, if you want to update Pokémon Go, you will have to switch over to your US Apple ID.
- Open App Store and tap on Apple ID (your current email).
- Tap on Sign Out.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Language & Region near the bottom.
- Tap on Region
- Check off United States.
- Go to the Pokémon Go listing on the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. (Tap Change Store if it stays stuck on your old region and says the item isn’t available in the current store.)
- Tap on Get and then on Install.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Check United States if it isn’t already checked.
- Fill out the required information.
- Tap None for billing information (Pokémon Go is free).
- Verify your email address by opening the verification email sent to you.
- Download Pokémon Go.
- Login to your new U.S. iTunes Account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Repeat the Get and Install steps if you have to.
Pokémon Go is fully functional in Pakistan including the updated map. Once you’re done with the installation, open Pokemon Go from the app drawer. Sign in and customize your trainer. Now go ahead and start catching some Pokémons around you!
If the above steps work for you, do drop in a comment and let us know about it!